General Operations Manager
FFG are looking to employ a General Operations Manager to support the Managing Director overseeing all transport business operations and provide leadership and strategic direction for the profitable development and growth of the business within the broad strategy set by the Board.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Execute company business strategies to meet goals agreed with the Managing Director and the board.
- Planning cost-effective operations and business development activities to achieve financial targets.
- Communicate and implement Company and Kinaxia Group policies and regulatory guidelines throughout the business as cascaded by Kinaxia HQ and make certain they are being adhered to at all times to safeguard the Company’s compliance and ensure a consistent approach is being delivered across the Group.
- Lead, develop and motivate staff to create a workforce with the relevant skill set, where potential is being developed, effective succession plans are in place and employees are contributing to the overall performance of the business.
- Support the Managing Director with the development and management of investments and assets to support the growth of the business.
- Act as company public figurehead when supporting the Managing Director with all commercial and operational activities to promote the professional image of both the Company and the Kinaxia Group
- Implement robust operational processes to drive commercial compliance and effectiveness.
Key skills :
- Working knowledge of company and employment legislation.
- Transport and warehousing industry
- An in-depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments.
- A broad understanding of financial management principles.
- Extensive operational experience of logistics services
- Leadership and management of multi-functional teams
- Experience of analysing and solving business problems
- Implementation of business strategy
- Enhancing and developing customer satisfaction and business growth
- Business, commercial or finance qualification is desirable.
- International CPC essential
Company Car or Car Allowance included.
28 Days Holiday including Bank Holidays.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
We are an equal opportunities employer whom encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Fresh Freight Group are also part of Kinaxia Logistics please visit www.kinaxia.co.uk for more information